Man charged with murder in Lanett, AL | News
An arrest has been made in a shooting that left one man dead in Lanett.
Twenty-one-year-old Jaquavious Giddens has now been charged with murder.
Lanett police responded to a shooting call on Saturday Dec. 1 at a home in the West Shawmutt Community, where they found 22-year-old Elwin McClure with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
This case remains under investigation by the Lanett Police Department.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trial delayed for alleged Southern Union Comm. College shooter
- Lee County inmate turns himself in after walking away from work detail
- Opelika police need your help identifying debit card theft suspect
- Mother of Opelika rape suspect is no longer a foster parent
- Lee Co. Coroner: Alcohol may have been factor in Tuesday’s fatal crash
- Man scratches lofty $500K prize in West Point
- Two people found dead in Valley, Ala. home identified
- Authorities save Valley suspect from drowning in Chattahoochee River
- Valley Police make arrest in rape case, teen suspect connected to other crimes
- West Point Police searching for 3 home invasion/robbery suspects